Film CPD for teachers
I provide training covering filmmaking, understanding and teaching about film, and using film to support literacy and other areas of the curriculum.
These are just some of the topics I can offer:
Film in the curriculum
- film for literacy
- film across the Primary curriculum
- film and creative writing
- film and modern foreign languages
- understanding film language
- Get started with filmmaking
- Filmmaking on iPads
- filmmaking in media and film studies
- montage and non-narrative filmmaking
- digital storytelling
- Advanced filmmaking
- DSLR filmmaking
- iMovie 9 or 10
- Final Cut Pro
Film workshops and activities for students
I offer a wide range of different film and filmmaking workshops for Primary and Secondary schools, youth groups, festivals and special events. These include
- Fast film: learn how films tell stories, and create a short film sequence in a few hours
- Simple animation
- Editing: make a short film from clips I provide
- Sound: learn about sound in film and create a soundtrack
- Creating film poems
All my training and workshops are available in Welsh. I’ve delivered film training and workshops around Wales and as part of projects and conferences in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
I have an Enhanced DBS certificate.
Editshots: short film to edit on iPad, iPhone, Mac or PC
To enquire about training or workshops, please get in touch using the contact details above.