Do you want to make short movies? Not sure where to start?
My ebook (coming late 2019) will teach you the essential things you need to know to start filmmaking. I’ll show you how to make movies with any camera or your phone.
Start Making Movies is a visual guide. It’s packed with illustrations and clear explanations.
What you need
- The different kinds of camera you could use for filmmaking
- Why you should (or shouldn’t) use your phone
- What else you need
- Editing apps and programs
- Using pictures, sound and editing to tell your story
- How to film shots that make sense together
Putting it into practice
- Pieces to camera
- Dialogue scenes
- Filming an activity
- Filming a journey
Planning your movie
- Coming up with the idea
- Writing a script
- Planning your shots and sound
- Organising your shoot
- Choosing your camera settings
- Working with light
- Getting your shots right
- Recording good sound
- How editing programs work
- Setting up your project
- Selecting clips
- Fine-tuning your edit
- Adding and adjusting sound
- Sharing your movie
To get updates and introductory offers, sign up to the mailing list.
About the author
I’ve been teaching filmmaking for over twenty years, and I provide filmmaking training for individuals, organisations and businesses. I run the popular filmmaking website learnaboutfilm.com.
“Tom Barrance understands how to take the mystique out of film making and make it accessible to all”
Chris Whitney, Literacy and Film Education Consultant
“Tom is a really good teacher and is able to convey a lot of technical detail without baffling his audience”
Gillian Southgate, NHS R&D Northwest
“One of the most experienced film and media educators in the UK”
Mark Reid, British Film Institute