Short videos are a great way to record, show and explain what you do.
My easy-to-understand training will give you the skills and confidence you need to make your own short films.
I work with all kinds of organisations and groups, including businesses, nonprofits, schools, arts bodies and the public sector. Mobile filmmaking (iPhone, iPad and Android) is my most popular course, but I also train on DSLRs, camcorders and Final Cut Pro or Premiere.
If you’d like to know how I can help you use film in your work, please get in touch.
I’m Tom Barrance, one of the UK’s most experienced film educators.
“Tom is a really good teacher and is able to convey a lot of technical detail without baffling his audience. Highly recommended.”
Gillian Southgate, Assistant Director, NHS R&D Northwest
For businesses, nonprofits, charities, public sector bodies and higher education:
- Learn how to make powerful short videos for staff training, promoting your organisation, sharing ideas or consulting your users.
- Learn on your equipment or mine
- Use pro or consumer cameras and editing software, or iPads and iPhones
- Follow-up support and intermediate courses also available
- Training on using film and filmmaking, including film and literacy, filmmaking in Media and Film Studies, film and MFL, film and creative writing.
- Short, engaging workshops and activities including filmmaking, editing, soundtrack creation and animation.
- Filmmaking apps, resources and PDFs.
- Presentations and practical workshops on filmmaking, film language and film education
- Filmmaking workshops and projects, including accredited training (Agored Cymru and Arts Award)
- Training for youth workers and staff on how to run film projects with young people and communities
- Filmmaking activities for older people.
I’ve provided consultancy, research and resource writing for organisations including Becta, British Film Institute, Filmclub, Film: 21st Century Literacy, Ffilm Cymru Wales and Into Film.
My training is not aimed at professional filmmakers. If you’re looking to work in the film industry, the Creative Skillset course directory is the best guide to training available in the UK.