I run training, workshops and filmmaking projects for youth and community groups in the UK and beyond.
I’ve worked in English and Welsh around Wales, including workshops with hard-to-reach learners and NEET groups as part of the Reach the Heights programme.
I can bring my own equipment – pro or amateur – or use yours.
In Summer 2015 I worked with five groups of young people in the East and South-east of England on a series of week-long projects (see links to Teen Take and How I See It on this page) for Kids in Museums. They used my pro camcorders and editing software to make training films to show how museums and galleries could be made more teen-friendly.
- iPad and iPhone filmmaking for older people in Pembrokeshire, Wales as part of the Gwanwyn arts festival.
- Smartphone filmmaking for children and young people for the UEFA Champions’ League Festival in Cardiff.
- Smartphone photography workshop with members of Tenovus choir, featured on BBC1 Wales.
- Mobile filmmaking in Glasgow for the Aurora project.
- Wicked Wales youth film festival workshops with Hijinx inclusive theatre company and Ysgol Tir Morfa special school.
- Mobile filmmaking at the Goldeneye Festival of Cinematography, Tbilisi, Georgia.
Training for staff and volunteers
This training will show you how to run filmmaking activities that are engaging, manageable and purposeful.
- Introductory activities
- Planning and organising filmmaking activities
- Teaching the essentials of filmmaking
- The filmmaking process
- Films to use for inspiration
Workshops and projects for groups
I run filmmaking activities with groups, ranging from short hands-on taster sessions in filming and editing, to longer activities and filmmaking projects. I can work with you to devise projects that deal with specific needs and issues. Accreditation available (see below).
I can offer optional accreditation: Create a Video Production is an Agored Cymru qualification with two credits at Level 1.
For extended projects with young people I can offer Bronze and Silver Arts Award accreditation.
“Jam packed, hands on and informative. Full of exercises and resources that we can use time and time again.”
Sarah Jones, Artistic Director, Messupthemess Theatre Company
“I’m gutted that the week has come to an end. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt loads”
Want to know more, or discuss your training needs? Please get in touch.